Monday, April 6, 2015

Vocabulary 4th nine weeks

Vocabulary

March 23, 2015

recipient(noun)-a person or thing that receivesreceiver
My cousins dog is recipient.




unison(noun)-the performance of musical parts at the same pitch or at the octave

The alto and soprano had to sing in unison.

elite(noun)-a group of persons exercising the major share of authority orinfluence within a larger group:

My sister was the elite one out of there volleyball team.

instigate(verb)-to cause by incitement; foment:

My cousin hit my brother with instigate.


March 30, 2015

allegory(noun)-a story, poem or picture.

Anyone can write a poem.

flashback(noun)-a sudden and disturbing vivid memory of an event in the past, typically as the result of psychological trauma or taking LSD

I had a flashback of when I went to New York during math class.

heroine(noun)-a woman of distinguished courage or ability, admired for her bravedeeds and noble qualities

perspective(noun)-a particular attitude toward or way of regarding something; a point of view
From my perspective this dress is gold and white but when its dark it is blue and black.

preconceived notion()-an opinion formed beforehand without adequate evidence

April 6, 2015

Mrs. turner will provide five vocabulary words.


No comments:

Post a Comment