Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Math Project

Scatter Plot Project

       In Math class we are doing a scatter plot project over the last 10 years in an Olympic sport Men and Women, I chose the 400M Dash. We had to draw our scatter plots and then we had to go to a scatter plot website called interactive scatter plots. The X- coordinate will be the date which will be from 1972-2016, and the Y- coordinate will be the time.
       The women's time is from 48.00 seconds to 50.00 seconds. I can't have a line of best fit on the women's scatter plot because my data decreases and increases. The men's time is from 43.00 seconds to 45.00 seconds. I can't have a line of best fit on my man's scatter plot because my data increases and decreases.

Men's prediction- The data does not have a constant rate so I do not have a prediction for my data.

Women's prediction- The data does not have a constant rate so I do not have a prediction for my data.




Work Cited

"400m Men | Athletics | Videos, Photos, Olympic Medallists." 400m Men | Athletics | Videos, Photos, 
     Olympic Medallists. 1 Apr. 2015. Web. 14 Apr. 2015. 
     <http://www.olympic.org/athletics-400m-men>

"400m Women | Athletics | Videos, Photos, Olympic Medallists." 400m Women | Athletics | Videos, 
     Photos, Olympic Medallists. 1 Apr. 2015. Web. 14 Apr. 2015. 
     <http://www.olympic.org/athletics-400m-women>

"Scatter Plot." Interactivate:. 1 Apr. 2015. Web. 14 Apr. 2015. 
     <http://www.shodor.org/interactivate/activities/ScatterPlot/>.


No comments:

Post a Comment