Interview a profesional
In 21st Century we have to interview some one with the job field or going into the job field we would like to go into. We had to interview them from our school on Skype, FaceTime, or google hangout and screen flow it to post on our blogs. I've learned a lot from this interview and it is hard to get ahold of people you would like to interview.
My partner Bailey Mitchell and I interviewed a NICU nurse from Dayton's children's Hospital. Her name was Jennifier Napier she was really nice and she answered all of our questions. We had 10 questions for her- (our questions)
- What made you decide to go into the field you’re in?
- Have you always been interested in what you’re doing or did the path you want to take change?
- What degrees do you have and how long did it take you to get them?
- How much hard work did it take you to get to where you are today?
- Is there anything you like more or less about your job?
- What’s the hardest part about your job and why?
- Is there any special skills that someone should have to make it to the level you are?
- What’s your opinion on the change in technology from when you were in eighth grade to now?
- Is there any advice you could give to us for high school and college?
- If you could say one thing to your eighth grade self, what would it be?
At first it was really hard to get some one to interview. We call ashland hospitals, columbus, shelby, willard, norwalk, and then we called dayton and we got ahold of Jennifer. We contacted her through Gmail and then we had to set up at time to FaceTime, it took about a week to do all of this but it was worth it because I have learned a lot from Jennifer. I want to be a Neonatal nurse so she explained some of the things they go through. How I need to be social and emotionally prepared because once in awhile you lose a patient and it is hard to deal with that.
She also told us that we should do some job shadowing because if we go into the field we think we want to do and we don't like it why work at a place you don't like to work. Jennifer said she went into this field because every sense she was a little girl she has and she loves the job. The main thing she love about her job is letting a family go home happy with there baby to make them a whole family. The worse thing she said about her job is when a baby passes or when the person needs some kind of surgery or something is wrong that she has to try to male them understand. Because when a person is going to give birth they want it to be perfect and they don't want to hear something went wrong.